Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the spirit, and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons/daughters of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: ‘Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.’ CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH (CCC) No. 1213
Since the earliest times, Baptism has been administered to children, for it is a grace and a gift of God that does not presuppose any human merit; children are baptized in the faith of the Church. Entry into Christian life gives access to true freedom. CCC No. 1282
At Our Lady and St Anne’s church, baptisms of babies and small children take place at 12.00 noon on the first Sunday of each month.
Fr Patrick likes to meet with the parents asking for baptism for their child/ren at least once before the baptism. Please ring the office on 0118 947 1787 to make an appointment. You can complete an application form yourself from the link below and bring it with you or you can fill one in with Fr Patrick when you arrive.
Click here for the Baptism Application Form
The Application for Baptism form should be self-explanatory, but here are a few guidelines:
- Remember that at least one of the parents must be a practising Roman Catholic, and the other must be supportive. During the service you will make promises that you will bring-up your child in the practice of their faith.
- Choose godparents carefully. Each one must be a baptised Christian, and at least one must be a practising Roman Catholic.
- Indicate on the form which date (or a selection of dates) would be suitable for you for the baptism to take place. The Parish Office will be in touch with you soon after the application form has been submitted.
- Remember that the Sacrament of Baptism is not administered during the Season of Lent.
- If you are not resident in the Parish of Our Lady and St Anne you will need the permission of your own parish priest for your child to be baptised here.
Over the next few weeks we will be carrying-out a health and safety audit of the church and surrounding premises. …
Each weekend the church is beautifully clean, which is down to a small team of dedicated cleaners to whom we …
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a charitable organisation that reaches out to the vulnerable in the local area …
On admission to Royal Berkshire Hospital all Catholics should inform the hospital staff that they are Roman Catholic and if …