Mapledurham House, a grade 2 listed building since 1951, is an Elizabethan stately home located in the civil parish of Mapledurham in the county of Oxfordshire. The property was first held by Michael Blount and has remained with the family for 400 years. Building started around 1585, at the time of the Spanish Armada, in the classic Elizabethan E-shape. It includes a late 18th century chapel built in the Strawberry Hill Gothic style for the recusant Roman Catholic owners of the house. The estate covers much of the village including Mapledurham Watermill and part of the church.
Thurs 21st Dec here in the church, at 7.30pm. A time of spiritual preparation with Advent readings and carols to …