- Leave the station by the North exit, go down the steps and walk forwards along the right hand side footpath (past the multi storey car park and the bike rack) until you reach the pedestrian crossing point on the dual carriageway.
- Cross the dual carriage way, turn right and quickly first left following the blue signs to Caversham & Christchurch Meadows. This will take you down Norman Place and behind the office block down to the river.
- Once you reach the river, turn left and cross the modern pedestrian bridge. When you get to the other side, follow the blue sign to Gosbrook Road which takes you through the meadow away from the river until you reach the main road.
- Cross the main road (Gosbrook Road) and walk a short distance to the left end of the block of flats in front of you. When you get to the green park, turn right and walk all the way along the footpath that follows the edge of the grass. When you have passed the children’s play area to your right, turn right along the small alley which leads directly to the church.
By bus from the railway station
- Leave station by the north The bus stops for the 23 and 25 are past the taxi rank close to the dual carriageway in the centre of Trooper Potts Way.
- Get off at Washington Road. Walk back a short distance and you will meet Washington Road on your right. Walk to the end of Washington Road and turn left. Walk a short distance along this road (South View Avenue) and you will come to the church.
- Get off at Elizabeth House. Walk to the right until you reach the entrance to the park on your left.
- Cross the main road and walk up the right hand side of Westfield Park until you reach the children’s play area on your right.
- Turn right along the small alley at the top which leads directly to the church.
There will be a talk on Saint John Henry Newman by Fr Michael Sharkey (the parish priest of St Michael’s …
Over the next few weeks we will be carrying-out a health and safety audit of the church and surrounding premises. …
Each weekend the church is beautifully clean, which is down to a small team of dedicated cleaners to whom we …
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a charitable organisation that reaches out to the vulnerable in the local area …